CarmichaelUK are delighted to be asked to recruit for an experienced Site Agent to join a leading UK Construction JV. This position will hold full responsibility for the delivery of the planning and upgrade of a Station in Central London.
The day to day control of the project will be managed and coordinated by the Agent and Management team and the successful candidate will not only be experienced within a management role but have successful engineering experience and a full technical knowledge of best construction techniques and practices.
The Agent will report directly to the Senior Agent but the key responsibilities and duties will include:
• Leadership in the delivery of all construction within their section of works whilst maintaining the highest standards of delivery in line with the programme, budget, quality, environmental, health & safety as set by the JV and Crossrail.
• Day to day control of site management including maintaining a safe site, site set-up and compliance with safe methods of work and regulations.
• Ensuring that health and safety is given the highest priority.
• Managing the shift patterns of the project team to ensure that shift handover is carried out effectively and efficiently.
• Manage the supply chain ensuring that delivery is done efficiently and in accordance with the Safety and Environmental aspirations of the contract.
• Coordination between subcontractors.
• Manage the order and control of necessary materials, suppliers and storage required for the works programme and this is fully communicated to the logistics team.
• Carry out material reconciliations and provide reports on waste avoidance and inefficiencies to optimise project return.
• Ensure records and diaries are recorded and kept for work performed, problems experienced, labour force within each area, verbal communications to/from client, subcontractor and third parties.
• Ensure quality procedures are in place and adhered to. Provide Inspection and Test Plans for all works and ensure relevant checks are carried out and records compiled for handover packages, management of non-conformance reporting and ensuring that non-conformances are closed out.
This role is a key management role within a major civils projects, working for a leading UK Construction firm who provides excellent benefits and packages for its staff and the successful candidate will be a vital team member on a key infrastructure contract.
As the Site Agent, the successful candidate will need to have the following requirements:
• Degree level qualification in a Civil Engineering allied subject or HNC in Civil Engineering and vocational training in Engineering.
• Proven track record within Rail sector
• Be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal and leadership skills with a focus on the development of people within the team to realise and develop their potential.
• Relevant CSCS
• Training in Health & Safety and Environmental management.
• Presentation Skills Training (in order to deliver inductions / briefings etc).
Additional demonstration of any vocational training where you have proven success at engineer level would be advantageous. It would also be desirable for the successful candidate to hold a Degree in Civil Engineering and be a Chartered member of a Professional body; however, these are not essential in applying for the position if you feel that your experience and existing qualifications are suited to the role.
Do you hold the skills and experience to apply for the Site Agent position? If so, please submit your CV and apply to register your interest.
Alternatively, if the role is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, we offer a £500 referral fee for every successful referred placement!
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position and CarmichaelUK is an equal opportunities employer and agency and welcomes applications from all. Should you require assistance to apply for any of our roles please Kelly on 07789072673
Liverpool wants contractors for £280m highways deal | Construction Enquirer https://t.co/CzK8Nf8tBr https://t.co/2WALY7wBiB
Recruitment Website Design by Reverse Delta