My client, a main joint Venture on HS2, is currently seeking an Environmental Manager to join the team. This is a contract role based in Birmingham.
Summary of role
The Environmental Advisor works as part of a large environmental team and reports directly into the Sector Senior Environmental Advisor. They work closely with the HS2 environment team and the JV’s sector and work package teams to ensure compliance with HS2’s Environmental Minimum Requirements (EMRs) and Technical Standards
Responsibilities and accountabilities
• Direct environmental support to sector and work package management in assuring the delivery of the environmental aspect work packages.
• Assist the Environment leads to monitor, review and improve performance across the JV in line with their ISO 14001 certified EMS and HS2 requirements.
• Deliver advice and guidance to minimise environmental risk to the project.
• Engage with the JV’s supply chain to ensure understanding of and compliance with HS2’s environmental requirements including assisting in the delivery of training.
• Review supply chain deliverables to ensure they are compliant with HS2 Requirements.
• Monitor monthly KPI data to ensure accuracy.
• Assist in the collation of sustainability evidence e.g. BREEAM credits and PAS 2080.
• Undertake inspections and investigations and support audits where required, reporting on, and implementing lessons learned and improvements to ensure compliance with EMRs and other requirements.
• Assist with the development and implementation of the JV’s EMS documentation as required.
• Identify and promote best practice across the project and share lessons learnt.
• Represent Fusion at occasional external meetings and public events and during external audits.
Qualifications, training and technical knowledge
• Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject matter.
• Associate IEMA member (or equivalent) and working towards Practitioner status, PIEMA.
• Recognised internal auditing qualifications.
• Knowledge of ISO14001 Environmental Management System and its implementation.
If this position is for you then please don't hesitate to contact me on 01844212058 for an informal chat or drop me an email with any questions you might have to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively if this position isn't for you but you think you know someone who might be suitable , then we offer a £500 referral fee (T's and C's apply).
🚧 NEW ROLES ADDED 🚧
Steve is currently recruiting for a number of vacancies along the HS2 line, find your next rol… https://t.co/ddVoJ2orgF
Recruitment Website Design by Reverse Delta