Our Client is looking to hire a Senior Environmental Advisor
Provide subject matter expertise, ensuring the continuous improvement of environmental performance. The Senior Environmental Advisor works as part of an environmental team and reports directly into the Environmental Manager. They work closely with the HS2 environment team and work package teams to ensure correct environmental deliverables are identified and assured to ensure compliance with HS2’s Environmental Minimum Requirements (EMRs), Technical Standards, , related plans, processes and legal and contractual obligations.
Responsibilities and accountabilities
- Maintain an overview of work activities and prioritize environmental support across the sector.
- Monitor, report and coordinate activities across the sector.
- Line management of the sector Environmental Advisors.
- Assist the Environment and Sustainability Leadership Team to monitor, review and improve performance across in line with our ISO 14001 certified EMS and HS2 requirements.
- Deliver advice and guidance to minimize environmental risk to the project.
- Engage with the company’s supply chain to ensure understanding of and compliance with HS2’s environmental requirements, including the delivery of training.
- Define work package deliverables to ensure they are compliant with HS2 Requirements.
- Maintain a risk-based approach to the assurance of environmental requirements across the sector.
- Monitor monthly supply chain KPI data to ensure accuracy.
- Assist the Sustainability Manager in the collation of sustainability evidence and deliverables e.g. BREEAM credits and PAS 2080.
- Ensure a program of environmental inspections is planned and delivered appropriate the level of risk for current and upcoming works.
- Ensure environmental incidents are reported and HS2 and undertake investigations where necessary.
- Support audits where required.
- Identify and implement lessons learned and improvement opportunities including from incidents, audits, inspections and from external sources.
- Assist with the development and implementation of EMS documentation as required.
- Represent the company at external meetings and public events.
Qualifications, training, and technical knowledge
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject matter.
- Practitioner IEMA member, PIEMA, (or equivalent), and working towards Full Membership/Chartered Environmentalist Status.
- Recognized internal auditing qualifications.
- Knowledge of ISO14001 Environmental Management System and its implementation.
- Thorough knowledge of HS2 Environmental Minimum Requirements (can be gained once in the role).
Attributes and skills
- Willingness to work to in line with the company IMS and values
- Ability to work in a team environment contributing to the project
- Good supervision skills, with the ability to motivate self and small teams to perform specific tasks.
- Good level of written and oral presentation skills.
- Good planning and time management skills.
- Ability to contribute to meeting standards and specifications.
- Ability to work well either alone or as part of a team.
- Knowledge of construction practices and environmental best practice.
- Specialist knowledge in chosen field.
- Good writing, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to handle situations and problems.
- Know when to ask for help and guidance.
IT equipment to be provided by Candidate
At CarmichaelUK we value and respect equality and diversity and welcome applications from all. Should you require adjustments to apply for any of our roles please call us on 0208 522 8888.
All rates quoted on our adverts are Ltd Company rates unless stated otherwise. To apply for our positions, applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
We offer £500 for every successful placement arising from a referral. See our website for details.
BLOG: Top 2020 Construction & Civil Engineering projects!
CarmichaelUK takes a look into the top Construction & Civ… https://t.co/nsqfu2o7hi
Recruitment Website Design by Reverse Delta