CarmichaelUK are looking for a Site Engineer to work with a tier 1 main contractor on a major Network Rail framework in East Sussex. The works are part of the CP6 upgrade works in the South East and form part of a £1.9bn investment in the improvement of rail services across the South East. These works include station upgrades, step-free access, bank stabling and track work.
Due to time pressure from Network Rail our client now needs to start working at night to ensure deadlines are hit and therefore are looking for an engineer to work either nights or backshifts for a small period of time. At this stage shifts haven't been confirmed but are looking likely to be backshifts from 1500-0100 with a high. Uplifts are TBC Although this requirement is for 4 weeks, due to the amount of work my client has, for the right candidate there will be long-term ongoing work.
Reporting into a Nightshift Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Setting out for earthworks as required
- Record keeping (site diaries etc)
- Supporting in the production of site paperwork (ITPs, RAMs, QA documentation)
- Problem solving
- Reporting any issues which need escalating
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a HNC or higher in Civil Engineering or related subject
- Hold a valid CSCS card
- Hold a valid PTS (would be a benefit not a necessity)
- Have worked for a tier 1 contractor
- Have experience working on rail jobs
INDUSTRY NEWS: All tunnelling for the Sydney Metro City & Southwest project was completed ahead of schedule last we… https://t.co/3bu1WhQ3u5
Recruitment Website Design by Reverse Delta